2012/02/01

Time, please?

I often wish I lived in a huge house -actually, make that a small, easy-to-clean house- with a huge garden. Unfortunately, some countries are better than others for that. At this point I'm not rich enough to be able to get a house with a garden, and if I was rich enough, chances are I wouldn't have the time to enjoy it! Now, when I say enjoy it... other people might think of sitting outdoors in summer with a can of cold beer. My idea of enjoying a garden is having the time to look after it yourself, keeping it nice and tidy, growing your own fruits and vegetables, and running around a bit. In the south of Spain it gets really hot during the summer, and most plants actually dry out, in my experience, except rosemary, olive and orange trees, even roses. Lawns, in my opinion, are a waste of water down here, (golf lawns... let's not go there!) and furthermore, the grass that grows here is so thick it's actually really itchy! Not fun... Unfortunately, I think my ideal garden is somewhere further north... *sigh* But I'll just cheer myself up admiring the lovely lumbergera flowers winter has blessed us with!

(Thoughts inspired by stress and some gardens I've seen online...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?